Wednesday, November 25, 2009

drowning.......

Through the EYES of a Buddhist...
story told by Ron Carlson


Ron asked a converted missionary, "Why did you become a Christian? 
What is the difference between Buddhism and Christianity?"


He replied, "Ron, when I was a Buddhist, it was like I was drowning in a big lake, and I did not know how to swim.
I was going under for the third time,
when Buddha walked up to the edge of the edge of the lake
and began to teach me how to swim.
Buddha said,
"start moving your hands and kicking your legs,
but you have to make it to the shore yourself!"


Then Jesus Christ walked up to the edge of the lake,
but he did not stop there!
He dove into the lake,
swam out,
rescued me,
and brought me to shore.
After he brought me to shore,
then he taught me how to swim,
so I can go back and rescue others!"

My daughter read this quote to me this week. 
It was in a book by Ron Carlson & Ed Decker called Fast Facts on False Teachings,
 a book that I read years ago. 
I gave it to her, because she is reading the book KIM by Rudyard Kipling, and wanted to understand... really UNDERSTAND this people group, this llama, and this boys' culture.. Understand Buddhism..
Not that she might be all rude and sassy, but that she might able to know what they believe..
to be able to better LOVE them.... 
 It is why such books are on my shelf.. So that we might know them a little better, love them a little more, and not be ignorant as we read, and live, and walk about in this world..
That we not fear people, but confidently walk forward in GRACE and TRUTH, and welcome others into our life, freely sharing Jesus with them, as the Spirit leads us to...
I don't need to study Buddhism anymore, or the Koran, or Wicca, the Book of Mormon, or New Age,
 or any of it...
It took years for me to finally just pick up a Bible and read THAT all the way through...
I read so many other so called "holy" books...
I shared this quote with you, because it is so powerful..
so like my own testimony.
till Christ Came
I was drowning,
and now..
though the waters can be rough,
and I weary.
I am a swimmer swimming.
But only because
Jesus saved me

No comments:

Post a Comment

grace & peace to you... your thoughts are welcomed here...