Wednesday, June 27, 2012

reminded...

sometimes
I need a little
Reminder
sometimes 
God reminds me 
of the beauty of His creation
and how it is
a refection of His beautiful nature
sometimes
I need reminding
of 
God's patience
God's purity
God's holiness...
and then
I need reminding
that He calls me to do
to be 
like Him in these things
as best as I am able
empowered by His Holy Spirit
and I remember
how HE has called me
HIS own
HIS child
forgiven
redeemed
adopted
restored...
HIS
There are times
like now
I need reminding
(thank you Lord for reminding me)
that there IS fruit upon my branches
and though it isn't Harvest time
and the vine I am upon isn't heavy laden YET
loaded with deep rich colored fruit
I am holding upon those branches
fruit
not fully matured
not plump with aged experience
but 
tender fruit
on tender branches
and I need to be VERY thoughtful
in tending TO those branches
and to the fruit..

Intentional
that is how I need to LOVE my husband
LOVE my children
LOVE my neighbor
INTENTIONAL
is how I need to LOVE
the Lord my God
with ALL my heart
all my SOUL
all my mind
ALL
of 
me

Intentionality implies grace
and care
and thoughtfulness...

Am I filling up on Grace
filling up on HIS care
am I thinking at all?
or just reacting to things in life...

thinking, filling, caring
asking seeking knocking
praying, waiting, enduring
all imply 
an
INTENTIONAL 
purposeful
active 
WALK 
with Jesus

am I WALKING,
or is He carrying me?
and IF He is carrying me,
am I healed enough yet
to begin to walk?
or even crawl?

ever following after
my Lord..






1 comment:

grace & peace to you... your thoughts are welcomed here...