Tuesday, January 19, 2010

When He finds you on Facebook.

Has it happened to you?
It's happened to one of your friends hasn't it?
It's the phenomena of our era...
the highschool or college sweetheart
finding you
on ...
Facebook
When she calls you and says..
guess WHO emailed!
guess who friended me...
or when she says...
HE's loved me all along,
or maybe he's not that bold,
maybe...
he's just thinking, remembering,
can't help but wonder what might have been..
maybe his version of what happened
doesn't match hers AT ALL,
and now she's all doubting herself.....
What do you say?
When she's been struggling with NOT loving her husband anymore....
What do you when you are worried about her having an affair...
even if it may just be... an affair of the heart....
What do you do when it happens to you?
When he's found ... you?

The Christian responce as far as I can see it it as follows...
When your X finds you,
be it, X boyfriend,
X lover
X husband...
you need to find one or two prayer warriors and have them praying...
I DO NOT MEAN
call all your wimpy friends who LOVE 90210
and LIVE for drama...
I do NOT mean the local gossips...
I mean godly prayer warriors who will lift you, your husband and this man up in prayer.
Next you need to let your husband know.
third...
you need to reply
and give the man room.....
room to
a) let you know if there is something going on... there may be a medical reason he is contacting you... if he has HIV or some other sexually transmitted disease, or even if he is simply terminal, he may need to share information with you, and he MAY find this very painful and difficult... the God honoring thing to do, is be gracious enough to let him.
b)let him have space to remember what happened... he may not remember the whole story, and his version may not be accurate, and he may need to know, some truths that he can grow from... that he can go on in life, and have healthier relationships from that point on....
c) he may be burdened to appologize.... this too may be embarrassing and painful.. a little space, and i do mean LITTLE is all that is needed for any of this...
d) he may have come to Christ, and want to ask forgiveness of you..........which would be wonderful...

A little space is needed... As long as we aren't talking a stalker, a beater, a maniac of any kind, I think your average X is due a little space, a bit of common respect.  I do mean little.  I don't mean rekindle anything.  It needs to be laid out immediatly that you ARE married.  That you are happy.. If you are not... that is no buisness of an unbelieveing STRANGER, which is exactly what this person HAS BECOME, no matter what you FEEL.... No one's life is perfect every day, the sun does not shine 365 days a year in every part of this beautiful planet... No indeed it does not... There are gloomy seasons in every marriage, use this to remember your passions for your husband... Direct your full focus on suducing HIM, be the woman He fell in love with, and say Au Revoir to the one who was fool enough to let you get away...
and Bon Jour to the one who Won you! 

your thoughts... your experiences are welcome here ... in this... as it is a new and bizarre thing that woman today are experiencing, I am willing to learn from you, to hear from you.... I am learning from personal experiences... and am trying to implement this in grace and truth with one whose soul I once loved.... who discarded me...........

Embracing the one who relished in me, who chased and pursued me, who works every day to feed me, cloth me, support me, whose cared for me through better, and unfortunately many worse, through far too much sickness, and not nearly enough health... The one who never left, never forsook, no matter how bad, how sinful, how loud or ugly we could be at one another... the one who comes home ... to me ... my beloved.....

ladies... share at will

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, full of gracious truth! Your words are sound. I know they bless many ~ you are a gift to the world. Love, love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought i was the only one going thru the facebook thing and loving the husband issue... thanks.. makes a world of difference... bless you.. please do pray for me..pllmll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hillary, thank you dear heart for your kind words ... as always, they are water in my vase of flowers, ever refreshing me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh dear heart, you are not the only one to go through this mysterious new phenomena called facebook rekindling.. I recently heard that it is estimated that 50% of marriages ending today are linked up with facebook rekindlings... so so sad.. and all together to easy to see how they would happen...
    praying for you every day...
    keep me posted if you feel up to it :)

    ReplyDelete

grace & peace to you... your thoughts are welcomed here...