Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Testimonial Poetry

I came across a lovely poem a very nice sister in Christ wrote. I wanted to share it with you as an encouragement. I so enjoy testimonies, and she put hers into poetry. She asked if I wanted to share it if I could share her link... I am putting it here, but havn't had a lot of time to search it out, so it's not in my favorites just yet... :) http://byfaithonly.com/

The Poem" or "My Testimony -

The Condensed Version" by Faith Draper 'March 2004

' For so many years I wandered through life.

Searching for happiness, But finding only strife.

Why was it that others, Found such great joy.

But for me nothing, Seemed to fill that void.

The book with the answers,

Was right there for years.

But I didn't read with earnest

Until the death of someone dear.

My eyes and my heart Were shown the light.

Believe in the Lord Jesus And live my life right.

I asked for forgiveness For all of my wrongs.

I was given new life And helped to grow strong.

The emptiness is gone,

I've found love, joy and contentment.

He's my comforter and protector

My guide and encouragement.

Now my life is full Of the truth from the Bible.

And my Father in Heaven Has no other rival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

grace & peace to you... your thoughts are welcomed here...