Wednesday, November 7, 2007

doe ray me fa SEW la tee doe

Sew ....
a needle pulling thread.....

"did she say "sew"...?"
yes. I did.

Yesterday we had our first little gathering of new "sewing" gals... Alicia, Kiah and I all got lessons @ Oma's house today!
Hurray!
We got off to a slightly late start, but that was fine. It was fun!
We watched the introductory video that came with my machine, and Oma made us pause it, and go to our machines and do whatever it told us to do. With each of us having a different Brother Sewing Machine it made it a bit tricky; but NOTHING that Oma couldn't handle. :)

Oma even made snazzy sandwiches for us for lunch! It was terrific.

I was working on a straight stitch, (I am a novice, so we picked something simple) and with the straight stitch, I made 1 valence for my boys' room! :) yippee

Alicia, (I am a tad jealous) started on a beautiful apron. How gorgeous and feminine... Watching her labor away, I really thought it was a great project.. One I will have to try my hand at as well.. but not yet... I have pillows to do next. Pillows that will match the curtains in the boys' room.
Kiah, started on a Christmas stocking for her bunny rabbit. Yes, it is even lined. No one else in our whole family has a lined stocking. but for this fine creation of the Lord.... Only a lined Christmas stocking will do.

Well, I will try to buy some batteries to put in my camera, to take pictures, to download, and upload and all that jazz, to put on the blog for you to see. really.... I will. honest....

We have decided to try again for another "sewing day" next week. We are all, quite excited to learn from Oma. I think Oma enjoyed herself too...

What a blessing family and friends can be. Sometimes it feels easier to ask a stranger to teach you, or to sign up for a class somewhere. But if there is someone who loves you, someone who knows you, why not be willing to open up, and let them, beg them, to teach you. It really is a beautiful thing! It rather makes me want to sing....
Laaa -- a note to follow sew.... (this is that "note")
tea ----a drink with jam and bread..
that just makes me hungry...
it is too late to eat.....

2 comments:

  1. That's it- I'm moving back.

    I want to have sewing day too!!!!

    and I love that Kiah's rabbit will have a lined stocking

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been tagged by me! It's your turn to share eight random things about yourself and then tag eight other bloggers to do the same.

    ReplyDelete

grace & peace to you... your thoughts are welcomed here...