Wednesday, November 14, 2007

drowning out....


Some moments are like water washing over you. Fresh and clear, cold and nearly overwhelming.
Yet He is my Rock. His Word washes over me and makes me new. It is the Holy Spirit that holds me up in the midst of the fall.
We dwell in the midst of the Fall...
Our Lords Word is sure, it is pure, it will wash us. And Upon this Rock, we can stand. Jesus is our Rock. Our eternal hope, what we cling to, what holds us up higher, than we could ever be with out Him. I remember when I took this picture. We were on a business trip in North Carolina, not far from Asheville.. It was so loud, so many drops of water rushing down a mountain side, crashing on the rocks, melting together once again. It was so loud, it was difficult to hear anything but the sound of the water. Oh how I wish I could live out my days hearing Gods word rushing over me like that. O, how wonderful to drown out all the distractions, trials and troubles, with His Word, His Spirit, His presence. I know the day will come... But there are moments. Have you had moments with Jesus, where all else slipped away and it was just HIM?
There is a sweet security in knowing He is my Salvation, My Rock, My Redeemer, a security in knowing that my sins are washed away, that His Word will sanctify me, that I have a Counselor, Teacher, Comforter. There is such a joy, I don't mean "happy happy joy", I mean JOY.. In knowing He is the Way, the Truth, the Life... that I am His; That He picked me; That there was NOTHING I did; That I have His promises, His Word, to hold fast to in times of difficulty, and jubilation.
I am not my own, I was bought with a price. Jesus is my KING. I only hope to serve Him better tomorrow than I did today.
you are loved... May His word wash over you, and drown out the temporal, so you can dwell on the eternal... even if it is only for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

grace & peace to you... your thoughts are welcomed here...